Yes, I’ve been on a baking frenzy lately! Well, here are the date bars I mentioned I’d make. I liked them but my husband wasn’t too keen on them. I guess he didn’t like the soft date center. Next time I may just mix the dates in with everything else and see how that turns out.
I got the recipe from Yummly who got it from Epicurious.
My less sugar, less fat, supposedly healthier version:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce